"I go around some street corners and have an idea in my head as clear as a picture. I like the cut-out I’m moving around in, slowly, toward change. Some things just wait for me to stop defending myself."--Kark Krolow

Monday, January 3, 2011

I`III`MMXI




I'm generally opposed to being in the Udistrict at night, even on campus. But it is undeniably when it's most alluring. First day of the quarter as a senior went remarkably well. Both my craft of prose prof & my American Lit prof are incredibly entertaining and engaging. And my class rooms, while demanding of a trek across campus, are warmly lit and plentiful with windows. I feel really good about not needing to dig desperately for motivation to come to class, to listen, to write and to enjoy it- for once. Which is sad, because UW is really great school and I should have felt as enchanted with it as I am now for the entire time I've been attending. I guess once you become disillusioned with one aspect of your life, it slowly begins to creep into rest until it's all one big ugly gray area. Change your ways while you're young, I suppose. Since I used my brain for the first time today in weeks, I'm going to bed early like an old woman. Coffee shall propel me into a graduation gown, I tell you. Good night.






No comments:

Post a Comment